Saturday, August 30, 2008

Dog Days of Summer


We are very very glad we didn't bring the dogs along on this adventure. It's so incredibly hot here, it wouldn't seem fair at all. We don't have any grass near us. The large parking lot we cross on the way to the school (we only live about 3 blocks away) is so scorching, it would not be at all nice for them to walk on. We've seen a lot of feral (wild) cats everywhere. I call all of them by names of friends and family as I see them. Pete, Phil and Ben are the cats I see all the time at the school. I've heard stories of a teacher who had cats falling from the ceiling (really, no tall tales). I am on the second floor (directly about the ceiling that had the cats) so here's hoping...
And now for the name thing
I was talking with another teacher asking about PhyEd (as in sweatin' and showering) and he thought I meant Fayed, a student. We weren't going anywhere until I realized the miscommunication. It was the belly laugh of the day for sure.

Lots to learn for this lil farm girl. The fun has just begun.
School starts tomorrow. Stay tuned for details.

1 comment:

Hemant Saluja said...

Hi...
There is very interesting story about the experiences of some teachers living in Kuwait which is very hot place to live.

===================================
ANKIT
look4ward