Sunday, August 10, 2008

Five Generations of Strong Women


On Sunday I took a trip to my hometown, Herman, MN, for a baby shower for my new great-great neices. My great neice Tara gave birth to twins Kamryn and Kailyn 8 weeks early. THANK GOD (Amen!) the girls are doing great and have been out of the hospital for 2 weeks already. They weren't even supposed to be born for another 2 weeks!

Also pictured are their twin cousins, Halli and Rylie (born to great neice Sonya-sister of Tara) 8 years ago. These girls were also born at 32 weeks. Amazing. Big sister McKenna is also in the picture. She was one year when her sisters joined the family (yes you can say uffda!)

My neice Brenda was a mother at 18 and a grandmother at 39. Her momma, my favorite sister in law Linda, was married at 15, a mother of 3 by the time she was 19 and will celebrate 50 years of marriage to my brother next week. (again with an uffda!)

Aunti LuEtta (representing the 5th generation) was widowed at age 60 after 40 plus years of marriage. Luetta, my mom's sister, has carried on alone with the help of friends, family and many activities for the past 20 years. Uncle Sid was a great guy and we still miss hearing him sing and play the guitar.

I'm a VERY PROUD AUNTI and will truly miss gathering with the Wagner-Aanerud-Larson clans when I am gone. Hopefully they will keep in touch with me via email (HINT HINT for those of you reading this!)

Oh--and Halli (sitting on Brenda's lap holding Kamryn-I think) said I should say
"this picture is of my wonderful neice and her cousins"

Another generation of strong women is well on the way!

No comments: