Thursday, August 28, 2008

Pictures are worth 1000 words




As you've heard me whine, we're still without internet at our home. This seriously gets in the way of adding pictures to this blog (the writing I can do from school until they shut me down). So I've resorted to what every good blogger does now and then, "stealing" pictures from the internet. I hope you enjoy them.


1) Another newbie commented the other day that the national bird of Kuwait is the Construction Crane. We see them everywhere.

2) Mosques are also everywhere. It's a little like living in Pelican Rapids where there are 7+ Lutheran churches (maybe more) for 2500 people. There's a mosque every 2 blocks or so here. It's a very interesting sound when they all give calls to prayer over the top of another.

3) I have actually seen this place while driving along the highway. It's amazing. I think it's someone's (as in one family) house but then a blog said it can also be rented out for private parties.

No comments: