Tuesday, August 12, 2008

If you see this Kid, keep an eye out for him (for me)



I used to sing this song to Ben when he was a baby. The words continued to "stick" as he grew up. As we leave him here in MN to keep us safe (with the Air National Guard), I will definately be leaving a part of my heart.
Here's to you Spud-your momma loves you!
Picture 1: Ben and his beloved, Jolene
Picture 2: Ben on an adventure, age 3

Excerpt from Child of Mine by Carole King
You don't need direction, you know which way to go
And I don't want to hold you back, I just want to watch you grow
You're the one who taught me you don't have to look behind
Oh yes, sweet darlin'
So glad you are a child of mine

The times you were born in may not have been the best
But you can make the times to come better than the rest
I know you will be honest if you can't always be kind
Oh yes sweet darlin', so glad you are a child of mine

No comments: