Wednesday, August 13, 2008

I get by with a little help from my FRIENDS

Photo: sunset over Lake Lida on the way home from having a beer on the deck of JC and the Dutch Lady. They answered my cry for"a beer and some peace"last night.

Over the past few days, we've been getting some very encouraging emails. Here's some examples: (the names were changed to protect their innocence-or something like that)

"This is really happening isn't it? We are down to the wire?! The whole things seems kinda surreal. Just remember our prayers are with you and as I told my son and husband when they were deployed, Keep your Head down. If God brings you to it, He'll bring you through it."
-Gorgeous

"Hi. Hope you appreciate this. You're my FIRST!"
-my HSBFF. She just sent her first ever email--to me--in preparation for communicating with us.

This one has to be read with a Scandinavian accent (think Prairie Home Companion for those of you who don't live in OTC or MN)
This is from my girlfriend Sister Lena. In our next lives, we are going on the road as Stand Up Comics (move over Lutheran Ladies here we come)
Dear Olga
I made a casserole, jello salad, fresh bread and a blueberry pie in honor of  you tonight. Me and the old man had supper together, I, in my apron and he in his bib-overalls. We ate without talking except about the weather and how the kids were doing.  We pet the dog, watched the news and said, "Well I supposed Nadine, David and Anna are busy these days. Can't imagine how they can do it, but if anyone can...it would be them." Den we said ourselves a little prayer that God would bring you safely there and safely home. Then we found our way to bed and rested knowing that God would take care of you."

Uffda I feel so BLESSED!


No comments: