Thursday, August 14, 2008

The Core


You've heard me go on and on ad nauseum about how important my friends are to me. Well, here's a picture of the people who have "had our backs" in Pelican Rapids for the past 14 years. They gathered one last time (for this year) at the cabin last night for burgers, beers, laughs (and yes, limacello and grand marnier).  

There aren't enough words to thank them or praise them. I tried to last night (and didn't cry). They know how we feel. They will be waiting for us to return to them.  

Recently Colorado Cuz sent me a youtube listing for Christian the Lion. A lion was raised by these two men, he was returned  to the wild, a year later they went to see the lion. The humans were told the lion wouldn't recognize them. In the video, you see the lion slowly walking and then running at full speed toward his humans and leaping (literally) into their arms. If you wish, check out the video on youtube at
www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xr1WxoLvT8
(if that doesn't work, check out Christian the Lion)

When I first saw the video I thought, "this is how I'm going to feel when I return from Kuwait". The above group is whose arms I will be leaping into!

God Bless you, My Pelicanites. Continue to do Great Work in Loddawadder.
And know that you are loved!

No comments: