Saturday, January 3, 2009

Same Writer, Different Look

Happy New Year to all!!

Life is good here in Kuwait where it's (don't laugh or pick something up and throw it at the computer) Actually COLD here. Okay, okay I've turned into a wimp who can't stand the cold temps. It's probably about 40 degrees. Yes I can hear you all snickering all the way across the Atlantic and can almost read your minds "She has turned into such a lil' wussie. We never should have sent her to the desert". Guilty on all charges.

I am trying to find out what has happened to my blogedit page so forgive the lack of pictures. Really, really I am trying. I spent over 2 hours yesterday trying to add photos. I'm even reading the bloghelp pages. JC-you would be so proud of me!

But, alas, as you can tell, it's not worked yet. So I decided to change the look of the page. What do you think?
I've also changed the opportunity for you to respond. If you would like to comment, just click the comment below. AND you should be able to respond without signing up or anything. Maybe this will help you Debber, and all others who have told me they tried to respond. Maybe not, but it's worth a try.

Meanwhile, we are preparing for the arrival of students tomorrow after a month of vacation. Yippee!! Some friends returns were delayed because of the "S" word back in North America (you know, that white stuff you all have been shoveling). We are starting to see familiar faces and hear their vacation stories.

One of my smartguys breakfast pals just stopped by my room to say he's about to realize a lifelong dream and go to film school this summer in Paris. He's over 40 and will be leaving here to take a job in Shanghi next year. So he's going for it!

SO I decided that I will start to make my life of Life Long Dreams and continue to tick them off. As many of you know, one of my dreams was to travel to all 50 states before I turned 50. AND, unless I get sent over to New Mexico for training before 3-16, I will not make that dream.

Two things have come out of that failed realization:
1) I made a list of countries I've visited. And I'm at 26 after our Christmas vacation. Not bad for a MN farm girl. Hopefully (Inshallah) that list will grow as we live here.
2) I've also decided that I get to stay 49 until I visit New Mexico! SO THERE...

Still workin' on the photos...stay tuned

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am seeing if the change really worked. If you can read this comment, it means that it did!

Anonymous said...

Hi Auntie,
Hopefully this works
miss and love you,
Debber

Anonymous said...

From the date on your first January picture I'd say you've done a bit of time travel. Does the economy get better soon?
Enjoying your travels vicariously, keep those tales coming!
Julie (quilting) S.