Wednesday, January 14, 2009

It's a Small World-Part 2



When travelling, it is always fun (and necessary) to have connections in cityes. Especially when travelling in a foreign country. We were lucky to have connections in Florence. Pictured above are two former students from the Medici School of Art in Florence, Italy. These beautiful women also have PR connections.

Picture #1 is of Anna, myself and MS, a 2005 PRHS grad who was spending time learning more about Art and other good stuff. We met up in Florence for a grand time which included a truly Cosmo moment. The three of us went to an Irish Pub, in Florence, and saw (on video) a performance by an American singer subtitled in German. It was fun and mmmmm the Bellini was good!!
*Wikepedia says: A Bellini is an internationally well-known long drink cocktail that originated in Italy. It is a mixture of sparkling wine (traditionally Prosecco) and peach purée often served at celebrations. It is one of Italy's most popular cocktails. I first met up with them 20+ years ago when travelling through Italy. I've been hooked ever since.
Picture #2 is of David, Anna and MT, the neice of my dear LSL. MT is also studying in Florence (tho' she didn't know MS). LSL's sibs have been very gracious and loving to me in her absence and I feel like I've got a whole new set of pseudosibs through them. MT gave us a great tour of the Duomo and helped up wander around Florence.

It was exciting to meet up with both young ladies and learn about life through their eyes.

Part of me wishes I had the travel experiences they are having at their age. But I guess everyone gets what they are ready for when they are ready for it (wow, that sounds awfully smart, one would almost imagine I had a beer in my hand...NOT)

No comments: