Wednesday, January 14, 2009

I remember...

that the best way to get through a MN winter is to laugh about it. Well, bitch about it first then find something to laugh about. I have found that there aren't any comments here about the weather. Oh there probably are, but it's not like in MN where the weather is a constant conversation piece. I remember the old joke about the most boring job in the world is being a weatherman in Hawaii because every day would be "85 and sunny".

While I don't actually miss the weather (my yahoo told me that PR is -25F today...God love you!), I do miss jokes and comments about the weather.
SO, in the spirit of wintersisterhood (or something like that) I share these jokes with you.

enjoy
(at least they made me laugh)


Thanks JC for posting this on your wonderblog

A winter statistic
98% OF AMERICANS SAY 'OH SHIT' BEFORE GOING IN THE DITCH ON A SLIPPERY ROAD.

THE OTHER 2% ARE FROM MINNESOTA or NORTH DAKOTA AND THEY SAY,
"HOLD MY BEER, I'M GONNA TRY SOMETHIN' HERE."

A POEM
Thanks Gorgeous for sharing this one
It's winter in Minnesota
And the gentle breezes blow
Seventy miles an hour
At thirty-five below.

Oh, how I love Minnesota

When the snow's up to your butt
You take a breath of winter
And your nose gets frozen shut.

Yes, the weather here is wonderful
So I guess I'll hang around

I could never leave Minnesota

I'm frozen to the ground!

OKAY So I'll try my hand at a second verse
describing my life...

It's winter in Kuwait
and Minnesota, it ain't
While the winter breezes blow
it's just "pretend", don'tchaknow

The dust blows around the corner
and fakes it as a storm
I look out on the horizon and
watch gentle white clouds start to form

The temps, they may be a bit chilly
but 45F sounds so much sweeter
The reason it's so cold I've found
is they don't have any heaters

I've traded "white" for "Brown" I guess
Lost Sweet spring and beautiful fall
So I'll go outside and reach on the ground
and throw you a...Sand Ball?

1 comment:

Grandma Carol said...

Glad you found the poem useful. I finally figured out how to comment on this thing...I think.