Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Worth a Thousand Arabic words...

This shot was too cute not to share. We were on the boat with this family (also employed by AIS) and Ms Mona (background) was talking to them about boat etiquette. Mom is on the left in traditional wear. The oldest one has started to wear a covering for her hair. This happens at grade 5. The other two were covered for the intense sun. Ohio Newbies (hi JL!) on the right.

I'm anxiously awaiting the day I start to take sailing lessons. Oh for Ramadan to be finished...

Can any of my creative friends think of a great title for this picture?

1 comment:

Yusuf (Dhagaxtuur) said...

Salamu Aileykum Warahma; (Peace be upon you)

Ramadan Mubarak to you too Mrs. Brown!....Kayf Haal? lol...I just said "How are you?" in Arabic.

It seems so long since you’ve left PR and already many of us had missed your lovely and caring face. I know this journey you’ve undertaken will be lifelong memory for you and may Allah (swt) make it easy for you. I know there will be days where things get little intense and overwhelming, but knowing you I believe you will just do fine and just think positively. There is a reason for everything. Insha’allah I can’t wait to facilitate one of your “Journey to Kuwait” speaking events and hear what your experience was like living in Kuwait!!!!

Did you fast for Ramadan? You should try it sometime….we’re fasting longer hours these days in MN for Ramadan from 5:30am to 7:30pm and next year it could be worse. I am currently at NDSU, and I am enjoying my stay here so far.

Say “Salam” to Mr. Brown for me…by the way is he using stick or ruler to whip with his students if they don’t turn in their homework on time?

Success for you now and always!

Yours,

Yusuf