Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Wagners Overtake Kuwait


Okay so this would be an imaginery headline but I am proudly boasting that I have blood family in the country now (in addition to my married family). Nephews "CottieD and Nikker arrived yesterday after a 30 hour flight from the US of A. They are here courtesy of the ND Air National Guard. I have high hopes for seeing them within the next 10 days (I know I know, they are here to work, but I'm hopin'). It will be really good to see a familiar face. NOTE: These aren't my nephews but they will be dressed the same way when I see them, so what the hec? It's a good graphic!

As life goes, these boys (who are 49 and 22 respectively) live not too far from me in MN. But do I see them often? NO! However, now that they are here in the land of Sand and Sun I can't wait to see them. Before I left the US, I talked to their General and asked if I could see them. "Of Course" was the answer. Now before you think I really think I am somebody and just pick up the phone and call any ol' Air Force General I feel like it, their General PM lives in Pelican Rapids. We've taught both of his lovely daughters. He says I can call him anytime (and I have because he's also Ben's commanding officer!) His response was "the Air Force likes to encourage family members to visit whenever possible". Well honey, we're having a visit soon I hope and pray!

Confirmation: I have heard from my two nephews and they are boots on Kuwait!

1 comment:

Di said...

good luck! hope it works out! tip some tea back and imagine it's a cold beer...