Thursday, September 18, 2008

Things I'm seeing in Kuwait-2

Add Image


Photo #1 This is a billboard near my house advertising a TV game show. If you get in close, you'll see the man in the center is holding American dollars!
Photo #2
At the gas station near my house, I took a picture of the price of filling up the tank. The cost is 65 fils per liter. I'm not a math whiz, but the total cost of filling his tank is about $10 US dollars. Sigh (for you!)
Photo #3
This is the Shiite mosque near my apartment. I've been told one can tell that it's Shiite(pronounced she-ite) because of the green lights shining in the windows at night. The echoes of both Sunni and Shi'te mosques surrounding our apartments are quite a marvel to hear (especially beginning at 4 am). Thanks to my favorite Kuwaiti blogger who corrected me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nadine, that's the mosque right next to City Center, isn't it? I was told just the opposite, that it is a Shiite mosque, because it has a green dome and green lights.