Monday, September 29, 2008

Sunrise over the End of Ramadan Day 30


Again Intlxpatr (http://www.intlxpatr.wordpress.com) comes across with a gorgeous sunrise shot. I will purchase a camera this weekend so I can start posting my own pictures.


If the correct person sees the correct thing tonight, then tomorrow will mark the end of Ramadan. I don't mean to sound irreverant, but I am not quite sure exactly how this all works. But I do have a greater understanding of why the Somalian students in Pelican Rapids never quite knew when Ramadan began and ended.

This means 6 days off for us. We don't have our civil IDs (the piece of paper that states we can legally be in this country for purposes other than visiting for a short time) and because of that, we can't travel out of the country less we risk having to repeat the whole process of application (bloodwork and all) again. And no, I'm not that anxious to leave...yet.

So we'll be home taking part in various social activities, site seeing adventures and possibly painting the apartment.

There's a possibility that we could encounter (enjoy?! relish?!) our first temperatures UNDER 100F this week. That's worth staying home for!

Eid Mubarak to you all
(it's the greeting one is supposed to give wishing you a safe and happy Eid)

1 comment:

Di said...

hooray, you made it through Ramadan! enjoy your "vacation" and relax! I hope it does get under 100...you sure adapt well, I couldn't do it!
will send photos from canoe trip on Mississippi!