Tuesday, September 2, 2008

It's the Little Things that seem the Biggest


This morning on the way to work, I saw a large, seemingly-wellfed cat and it made me really homesick for my girls, Angel and Zowie. Although I rationally know there is no way I should have them here, I still miss them. I cried a little and then said (in my best imitation of my Esther voice) "well for goodness sakes girl suck it up and get over it". Then I proceeded to my office where the first thing I do is check emails AND lo and behold, I had an email from Zowie

No kidding. She probably had Mrs Olson help her with the typing (her precious nails are way too long).

Wow

It made me cry (again) but this time it was happy tears. She's doing well, in fact I'll share a little of her letter with you: (she won't mind)


Alot of the people come and go alot, so I am seldom alone and they all throw balls every time they walk out. They are just ball throwing fools. To keep them happy I continue to go get the balls and bring them back. Except for the guy on the lawn mower, he has a whole compartment of balls and just keeps throwing them so I bring them up to the picnic table and stock pile them. I like him. He takes me down with him when we do horse chores in the morning and evening. I don't go into the barn I just wait outside and watch the barn cats get nervous. When they aren't around I go take a dip in the slough. It kinda stinks but I don't mind I get to swim. It's not as bad as the coon poop.


How lucky am I to have people who care enough about us and our dog to take the time to write that! Thank you Thank you Thank you to the Olson family for taking such good care of my little baby.


AND THEN when I thought things couldn't get any better, I got an email from JC who sent me an audiofile of OHarvey--this guy who takes the Paul Harvey format and talks in a very accentuated Norvegian accent. It was a hooot!! This was the cherry on top of the ice cream sundae of life!


The little things here are BIG. Cheers and may you have something unexpectedly wonderful happen to YOU!

No comments: