Sunday, November 16, 2008

We're From Herman, Couldn't be Prouder...

This weekend David, Anna and I are off to Dubai--a rich, fast growing Middle East country (part of the United Arab Emerates) for a Forensics (Speech) tournament. David and I are the AIS coaches and Anna is on the team.

So, I'm talking via email to this woman who is working at the school in Dubai, who will also be hosting us at her home, and one thing leads to another and she finds out I'm from Minnesota and so, of course, I say the Minnesota codewords "So then, whereya from?"

And, she says where she's lived (Mpls area) but that her parents are from West St Paul and...HERMAN!! My hometown, population 756 (when I lived there, I think it's about 450 now). I couldn't believe it!!

David was not surprised when I called him screaming on the phone because he says this kind of thing always happens to me.I keep telling my friends (who aren't from Herman) that all life revolves around Herman, but they never believe me. Wait til I get a picture for the Herman Review.

PS.Don't panic if you don't hear much from me this week and I've got a WHOLE DOW LOAD of work to be completed before we take off on Thursday afternoon. Ya know us Grant County girls have to get their work done before they can play. I promise lots of pictures SOON.

PPS Dubai has WINE and SWINE (red/white and pork) AND beer-- can you see me smilin' now?!

No comments: