Thursday, November 13, 2008

If the Shoe Fits


This is sorta hard to explain and I'm not sure if you'll find it interesting, but I promised to share with you my view of Kuwait, so here's one for you to ponder.The photo shows a real "oddity" here in Kuwait (and there is more than one that's for sure)
We see these single shoes all over the place. It's the oddest thing. We don't know if there are lots of people walking around with only one shoe on, or the shoe falls out of the car as they are speeding down the highway or someone has a job to walk around and drop shoes randomly.
David says he remembers seeing this site in Turkey too. I can't say I've ever seen shoes laying on the ground. My daughter, when she was a toddler, had this habit of walking around with only one shoe on her foot but we usually knew where the other show was left.

Oh wait, I got it!! This is an example of
"Waiting for the other shoe to drop"
Okay it's a stretch?!

2 comments:

Di said...

hey, this happens in Fargo too! while walking in a remote area, we found a cool looking sandle, but just one, darn it looked like my size too! I'd say some kid "blew a shoe" and didn't turn back to get it...someone's mom would not be happy!

love2hike said...

Kind of like in Minnesota where one finds a lone mitten in the winter months!