Friday, November 14, 2008

Soccer Mom (SM)-the Kuwait Version

Those who have witnessed me on the David Brown soccer field back home know that I am quite vocal for the team I am supporting. Those skills seem to have transferred to Q8 as we enjoy watching Anna play for the Lions. She's doing quite well and today assisted in scoring the 3 goals for one of her team's victory. We're quite proud of her skills (these she gets all from her father) and team.

The Lady Lions (NO we don't say Lionnesses here) are quite a fun team to watch. They only have one loss and it was in this tournament. They have three games tomorrow so I'll be spending my day watching, cheering, fretting, pacing...all the same things I did for the Tigers. I even found that the way I yell GO LIONS has the same cadence as the way I yell GO TIGERS (and yes JC I still yell get it out of there when the ball is at the team's goal).

I would have pictures of her playing but I have this weinie easy share camera that only is able to get her shoes running or her backside as she is running. Today there were some SMs with some REALLY BIG cameras. I would have been way intimidated. But I will ask our school photographer for some examples to share with you. I vowed a long ago not to spend my children's career watching from behind the lens of a camera (especially when I can get copies from another parent!)

Those of you reading this who remember the PR Tigers Olay Olay victory song after a win will smile when I tell you that the Lions sing the same song! To those who don't know the song, just picture a circle of teenagers jumping up and down celebrating teamwork, happy times and good soccer.

Life is Good!

No comments: