Friday, November 28, 2008

Busting the Wishbone

Tonight at our Building 2 American Thanksgiving, we got into a discussion on when the appropriate time to split the wishbone was...does one wait until the next day? OR should one do it after dinner?
We had guests from America and Canada (and a wayward Canadian/Luxemborgian) but no one could come up with a real answer.
So
if you know the answer to this, please comment below.
I think you have to have an email address to comment.
If you are too embarrassed or feel quite strongly about it, then please post it to me via my email.
Anyway, we got our fill of turkey, sweet potatoes, pecan pie and lots and lots of other goodies. Including some first class homemade "beverages". Good stuff for all.

I read somewhere once (or maybe it came to me in a dream) that we all have psychological need to overeat during the holidays because it reminds us subconsciously of our mother's love through feeding us.
Works for me, I know my momma loved me and, if tonight was any indication, she's still at it!!

I haven't seen too much commercialization of Christmas here (saw a little bit in Dubai) but I haven't really been shopping.

Tomorrow my plan is to go purchase a small Christmas tree (something I thought I wouldn't need while planning for packing)

We'll see if Germo (the cat) can destroy all the ornaments.

Let me know your thoughts on the wishbone contraversy. It'll keep me up tonight, for sure (or maybe it was that third piece of pecan pie)

Happy Holidays to one and all from Kuwait

1 comment:

Marlys Ebersviller said...

I'm not certain that there is a rule. . .however. . .if you wait a day or two, the wishbone dries out and is easier to break. Wanna know the secret to always winning the break? Sh-sh-sh-sh! Be the person who simply holds on to your end of the wishbone. Let the other person do the all the pulling. Marlys