Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thangygige

No I haven't truly lost my ability to spell..it's the greeting David and I give each other on Thanksgiving. Years ago (like 25) my neice Jennifer made a Thanksgiving greeting card for my parents and this is how she spelled Thanksgiving. We loved it and so it's been our greeting for years.

Today we celebrated by working (no rest for the wicked, and besides why would Kuwait celebrate an American holiday?) Tonight we had a wonderful Indian meal. We hopped in a cab and asked the driver where he would eat a great Indian meal. He took us to a place that was lovely and offered very good food. We will celebrate tomorrow night with American friends. And don't worry, I'm not cooking, rather bringing the paper goods.

Thanks for friend ME who sent me a recipe for chicken tortilla soup, I may be able to cook something for the three of us later in the weekend.

We have one more week of school left and then we're out for one month!

Sorry I haven't written much lately, we've been traveling and then recuperating from traveling and then getting ready for exams. At least that's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Eat a turkey drumstick for me, fall asleep on the couch while watching TV, have two pieces of pumpkin pie (with whipped cream of course) and Count Your Blessings!

And--know we are THANKFUL for you!!

No comments: