Friday, November 14, 2008

Degrees of Seperation..an on-going saga

I am a true believer in the Kevin Bacon 7 degrees of Seperation theory. Today was just another example (this one's for you Bro...)

As I'm watching Anna's soccer game (a tournament from schools in Dubai, Doha, Cairo, Kuwait, Abu Dabi), I'm talking with another soccer mom from Doha who is also an American. We were talking about thing expats talk about (weather back home, prices, weather here, where ya from, the election) and she asks me if I voted and say yes. She says she did too.

And then I mentioned that the students and others here in Kuwait were really on fire about Obama's winning. She asks me if I voted for him and I said "Yes" and she said "I voted for McCain...I went to high school in Hawaii with Obama, he graduated 2 years before me." And I say, "well, isnt' that weird, my sister lives in Wasilla Alaska on the same lake as Sarah Palin"

Half a world away, there are still connections being made.

No comments: