Thursday, November 13, 2008

Postcards from my new home





I thought it's been a while since I've added some pictures so here goes..

1) The wonderful liturgical dancers from the National Evangelical Church of Kuwait. This was one of the performances at the churches Harvest Festival last weekend. It was a good day

2) While on a walk last weekend, I spotted this beautiful "sign" in my neighborhood. I've also been fascinated my graffiti, and personally I think this one should be a postcard.

3) At the Friday market, I also try to be secretive about taking pictures. I'm sure I'll get used to the sight of women in full "cover", but there was something interestingly different about this woman, "haggling" with the man over the cost of a kitchen sink faucet. I don't know, maybe I just have a weird sense of humor.

4) This is one of the mosques in the neighborhood. I think I've shown a part of it before. While I was trying to discreetly take this picture, a man shouted at me. Oh no, I thought, I am going to Muslim hell for sure for taking a photo. Turns out he just wanted to show me a better angle. Thanks unknown Muslim man.





.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

These are fantastic photos, Nadine! Kudos!