Sunday, October 12, 2008

Oh Canada!


One of the facts about this job is that we hang out with a whole lot of Canadians (eh?!) I may learn a little about Kuwait, but I'm gonna learn a whole lot about Canada before this adventure is through. And I don't think that's so bad.

We got invited to two Canadian thanksgiving dinners--they seemed real similar to the US "eat way too much turkey and all the fixin's and then take a nap afterwards" events that I'm familiar with. I have asked several Canadians what they were supposed to be celebrating and all most could say was "another excuse for a holiday?" ( this should be read with the speech emphasis going "up" on the end of the sentence to correctly impersonate a true Can-add-er.)
Whatever ever you all celebrate in that great country, I'm glad you're in my life. Here's to you Keen!
This slightly out-of-proportion flag hangs in the AIS hallway, along with several others. It makes the Canadians here burst out laughing. Apparently it's NOT QUITE the Maple Leaf that should be on the flag.
So the REST OF YOU are you're in the know--Canada Day is officially Monday, October 13.
As an inside Joke to the Canadians reading this: I've almost learned all the words to Stompin' Tom Connors "The Ketchup Song". Will you let me cross over if things get really bad in the US?

4 comments:

NWO Observer said...

visit this blog. thank you.

Blumers said...

HI Nadine and family,
I am on board to read about this incredible journey of yours. I have sent your blog to Fr. David also.
Take care, Pat (Blume) Knight

Di said...

I had ketchup flavored potato chips from Canada today in celebration of Canada Day! I work with one of "those" guys!

Unknown said...

WhatsApp : +15793344751
Email us at : minerstore2@gmail.com

For Sale: NEW BOBCAT MINER 300 Helium HNT Hotspot For Bitcoin Mining.. 40% Discount Price.

WE SELL BOBCAT MINER 300 Helium HNT Hotspot US915, EU868, AU915, AS923, and KR920

Bobcat Miner 300 is a high-efficiency miner hotspot for HNT. It is compatible with Helium LongFi, an architecture that combines the leading wireless LoRaWAN protocol, and the Helium Blockchain technology.
The Bobcat Miner 300 is also compatible with all LoRaWAN devices.

100% Guaranteed Genuine/Authentic Products + Free Shipping.

(PAYMENT) Bitcoin and Bank Transfer Accepted.

Branch Manager : Ms Chloe Gomez
WhatsApp : +15793344751
Email us at : minerstore2@gmail.com