Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Sunset at the Mall (ooh and awe)


My Favorite Kuwati Blogger (FKB?!) is running a contest for sunrise/sunset pictures in Kuwait. I've posted a couple of her shots.
Here's a new entry to the contest . Because I appreciate good photography AND because I have actually been to this place, I want to share it with you.
This is the Souk Sharq..or the Sharq Mall. It's got a beautiful Marina in front of it. Actually last night I sat at the Second Cup of Coffee (Canada's answer to Starbucks) and enjoyed a first cup and looked over the boats (yachts) here and thought about how life has changed for this MN farmgirl.

When we took our boat trip last week, we departed from this very place. The big boats in the foreground are the type of yachts we launched (or whatever the appropriate word is).For a person coming from the Land of 10,000 (or more) Lakes, it's always exciting to be on the water or see pictures of it.

Enjoy and thanks again Intlxpatr and blogger Someday (Red) for making MY day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had a feeling you were going to enjoy your time in Kuwait. Have you discovered the Friday market yet?