Saturday, October 25, 2008

Haven't fallen into the gulf


It's been a long week here in Kuwait. With grades due, two recitals (I played piano for two students), a memorial service for a worker, and hosting two girls from Dubai (vball tournament in town) we're barely had time to turn around. But we did get to the Friday market and as soon as I get to a computer that is faster than mine, I will post pictures.

BIG DAY here yesterday...it rained. About 17 sprinkles, but for a country that hasn't seen rain in over a year, it was a big day.
We also saw BLUE SKIES and white clouds. Usually we see nothing but a dust-rose colored haze. .

The cat is well and we're all adjusting to having a little furball at our feet. David had it on his lap last night. I took a picture as proof that he doesn't totally hate the cat.

Painting is almost done. We went from all white (ugh) to some lovely shades of deep red and yellow (think Riverside coffee for those in PR) and a convuluted shade of tan (after combining several colors).

I know this post sounds like a neutral postcard from a bland vacation, but it's all I have the energy for right now. The cat and I are headed for a nap...don't tell David.

No comments: