Monday, October 13, 2008

10,000 Arabik Apollogys for me bad Spelin

I've been reading a few of my recent posts and have noticed quite a few typos. The part of me that has the Mass Communications Writing degree and has worked for publications (The World of DQ and Golden Skillet today mind you!) is shocked. Signe (IDQ) and Ellen (MSU), if you are reading this, you must be amazed and somewhat embarrassed. I know I am.

By way of explanation, I have limited time on the computer. I'm supposed to be teaching Kuwait children to be better actors (an awesome responsibility for sure) most of the day. So I have to type quick and add photos if I want to impress you with Kuwait culture. I get in a hurry and type faster than my brain can edit. When I go back in to correct my errors, I get distracted by the sounds of 12 year olds happily running to my classroom yelling "Oh Joy we GET to see Mrs. Brown today!"At least that's what I think they're saying in Arabic...

When I am using the computer at home, sometimes it freezes or the (borrowed from the neighbor) connection goes out. I admit I get easily frustrated with electronic telecommunications snafus happening. The other day, when I almost threw the computer at the wall because it froze on me for the 5th time in a row, David calmly said, "Why are you so frustrated by that?"

I explained that, for me, the computer (through Skype and emails and this blog) are the only thing that allows me to keep in touch with my reality (back in North America) and that keeping in touch with that reality is the only thing that allows me to venture forth in my new reality here. I think he understood. At least he "talked me down" and got me to let go of the computer and sit down quietly.

But my craziness in dealing with Q8's craziness doesn't excuse good English or spelling. After all, I do have a large sign in my classroom that states, "Never Expect Less Than The Best". Guess I'm not practicing what I preach.

So I'll try harder but if I occassionally sckrew up, I now you'll fergive me.
I know how to spel. I don't slep with an englishh Techur for nothin'

No comments: