Sunday, October 12, 2008

More Mosque Fun (Grand Tour Part 2)

This is a picture I took in the Mosque. I thought of all my Somali Muslim students as I looked around here. This is their Holy Book-the Qu'ran. The calligraphy is beautiful.
Newbie HH and I posted in our "Cover Up you Heathen Christian" outfits. The "manager" of the Mosque had just yelled at me for not having my entire head covered up. We were laying on the floor taking a picture of the dome of the mosque (hey the tour guide told us to do so!) As you can see, the outfits aren't all that flattering. NO I really haven't gained that much weight (remember-no beer here!)
This lady made me smile. She wore her baseball hat the whole time she was in the mosque. She didn't speak English so I had to "sneak" a picture of her. It made me smile.

No comments: