Tuesday, February 17, 2009

A Note from Germo



Today, another guest writer signs with his perspective on life in Kuwait
Hi Everyone:

I'm at home with some extra time on my claws and as Nadine is really busy, she asked me if I would write a few lines. It's not my first time on the computer as I'm always trying to bite Nadine's fingers when she types. She thinks she's so fast but I can get in a bite almost every time.

First of all, I'm recooperating nicely from my surgery, thank you for asking. Actually I had two surgeries, one for de-clawing (yes it hurt) and the other for something Nadine called "de-manning". Not sure what exactly that meant, but I know I have no yearnings for female felines anymore. The first days were a little woozy (must have been the drugs) but I'm back to my old tricks now. Except I can't claw the furniture which makes jumping up on things a little hard.

My day begins at 530 am when I bite Nadine to wake up and feed me. Sometimes she tries to hide under the blankets, but I can always find some part of her to nibble on. After eating, then I hop in the shower with David. I don't really bathe, just sit on the edge of the tub and watch and maybe get a little wet. Then it's time to play chase the chicken. I've got this really neat stuffed chicken and I'm rather proud to tell you that I can play "fetch" just as well as any d-o-g.

After David and Nadine leave, then I bother Anna for a bit until she goes to school. Everyone is gone by 730 am, so that gives me the day to relax. I sleep, wash myself, sit in the window and watch traffic and take care of business. The maid comes two days a week, she's nice but I can't speak Sri Lankan and she can't speak cat, so we have limited conversations. It's a good thing the maid does visit as Nadine says I am a messy cat. Hey- I'm doin' the best I can considering the small litter box they've given me.

I wish I could get a poker game going with the other cats in the building (I think there's about 6 others) but mostly we just stay at home and wait until someone comes in the door.

Seems like Browns are always gone. I hear them talking about how this "Charlie Brown" thing is keeping them so busy and since I don't see another human being other than the Browns I know, I can only imagine it's something at the school. All I know is, they don't come home to see me until after 630 pm, sometimes later.

When someone does manage to come home, then I get fed (again) and petted and spend a lot of time snuggled up to Nadine on the couch cat-napping which is what I do best. Sometimes we have another round of fetch, and sometimes I run around the house jumping on all the furniture just to keep in shape.

At 930 pm, they start moving towards the big bed. The bed we sleep on is way huge to me, but even Nadine says she can sleep North and South and East and West and not touch David. All I know is that there's plenty of room for the three of us, even if David does throw me off every chance he gets.

While My life may sound too exciting, I know it's better than life on the street, trying to get food out of dumpsters or trying to fend off the larger cats who stole whatever food I found. I also am a lot cleaner now. And I don't have to worry about fast cars or obnoxious young boys throwing rocks at me.

I'm doing my best trying to be a good pet. I've seen pictures of those black things, Angel and Zowie. While I will never be a d-o-g,I try my hardest to be loving and snuggly. Nadine says I'm the best cat she's had, but I also know I'm the only cat she's owned since she was 8 years old.

So, thanks for reading my "mews" (ha, see I've picked up a little bit of wit living with the Browns) Take care. And save the fish for me...

Germo

No comments: