Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Not Currently or will never Be a Fashion Diva

Living in a Middle Eastern country has given me a totally new perspective on fashion. The styles and fabrics are so different here. I can't bring myself to spend money on what they consider a sweater or t-shirt because they are so "thin". And I only wish I had to figure to wear the tight long shirts and leggings that are so popular. Well, maybe after more workouts, I will.
Recently on Yahoo, there was an article Entitled the Eight Essential Wardrobe Finds. So, trying to be a savvy chick, I read it with interest.

In case you missed that article, here are the EIGHT things every fashionable chick should have in her closet (according to Forbes.com who wrote the article)
Cashmere Sweater, Pencil skirt (what is that?), Black Flats, Black Dress, Black Suit, Black Pumps, White blouse, and a Trench Coat. I've got five of the 8 covered, so I didn't feel so bad.
What I did feel bad or enraged or shocked about was that in the article, the clothing items they used for the photos were outrageously expensive (at least in my taste, maybe I'm still a farm girl on this one). The total cost of the 8 items pictured was $4,064.99 (The pencil skirt was $39.99 Maybe it's made of pencils?) Come to think of it, I haven't spent that much on my total wardrobe. It just goes to show there are people out there who live a whole lot differently than me!

1 comment:

hiker2803 said...

Omg! I am right-there with you..on the farm girl concept. Wow!