Saturday, February 14, 2009

THE list

From time to time, I've mentioned my anguish and joy over turning 50 in about 30 days. This morning, as I was eating my daughter's Reeses Puffs cereal..(hey it was a balanced meal, as chocolate is a food group right?) I read the back of the box which included this list. I pass it along to you for your education, enjoyment and edification. All items are typed directly from the list except where I've made comments. And FYI, If I have accomplished anything, I've placed a * by it. How many did YOU make (PS FYI I didn't do any of these by the time I was 18 )

REESE'S PUFFS DO YOU LIKE A CHALLENGE?
18 Things to do Before You're 18

1. Ride the world's largest rollercoaster. Dare to keep your eyes open and hands in the air for the whole ride.
2. Bungee Jump! Scared? AT 700 feet, the Bloukran's river bridge in South Africa is the biggest
3. Score the winning goal/basket. Remind all your friends at every given opportunity
*4. Win an award, trophy or prize. Write that acceptance speech and thank the world
( when I taught speech I used to teach how to give an acceptance speech)
*5. Learn an instrument. No air guitar
*6. Go backstage at a gig. It'll be something you'll boast about for years to come
7. Meet your idol. Being a celebrity stalker might not do down too well
8. Play a part in your favorite TV show. Be an extra and learn to speak without talking (ah, in my class we call that pantomime)
*9. Meet someone with your own name. With a world population of 6 billion, it should be easy
10. Make a discovery. Whatever the discovery, make sure it's named after you
1. Get away with the perfect pracitcal joke. Be careful or retaliation, it could end in tears
*12. Own a pointless collection. One person's junk is another person's prized possession
13. Invent a word that makes it into the dictionary. Make it part of your crew's lingo
14. Conquer your biggest fear. If you're too scared, try hypnotism
*15. Raise money for charity. Get some exercise by singing up for a charity road race
16. Pass your driving test the first time. Go straight to the next task
17. Complete a road trip coast to coast.
*18. Reach 18 years of age-yes!! Embrace old age (I'm not kidding, it really said that)

No comments: