Monday, January 31, 2011

We're Fine, Really we are!

If you've been listening to the news of riots in Eqypt, unrest in Tunesia, potential conflicts in Yemen, Syria, etc and you're wondering how the Browns are doing, the answer is
"just Fine." Life continues to be our own version of normal here. Although there is great concern as many of our co workers have families in Eqypt and Tunesia. I'm scheduled to send a group of 24 to Jordan on Wednesday and I am relying on the confidence of my colleagues there saying that it's peaceful. However, I am now coordinating an event hre at AIS that WAS supposed to be held in Alexandria, Eqypt in early March.
Today I spoke with my colleague and friend ML in Alexandria. He sounded worried but assured me that he was fine. He didn't even sound concerned when he told me that planes were being flown in from western countries to remove expats. I also spoke with our beloved business manager whose daughter and grandchild are in Cairo. They hear looters around their homes, there was someone shot in front of their apartment complex two days ago. She is scared, her daughter is scared but the husband wants to stay and guard their possessions. I bought her flowers, it's the least I could do--mother to mother.
SO keep praying for peace in the Middle East and continue to focus your prayers on where I really need help..that is crossing the street here!
I'll keep you posted

No comments: