Monday, January 3, 2011

You Saw 'em Here First, Folks!



Recently I had one of my favorite pictures published in a magazine in Kuwait called Bazaar. It was full- color, full page. I didn't get paid BUT I got a byline on the page AND I got my name on the masthead (front of magazine where all the photographers and writers are listed). FAME and GLORY is enough for me right now!

The picture was first published here on KKDTM.
To refresh your memory, I've included it at the top left.

Actually I did it as sort of a bet with myself because I LOVE to take photos (no duh right?) and sometimes I think I get some pretty spankin' good ones. While looking through the October issue, the ones that I was looking at in the magazine weren't all that "hot" (so I modestly thought). So I sent off an email to the editor enclosing the photo and wallah! I was published in the December issue!

So when I don't have any news to report from Kuwait...

(well you really don't want to know that I've got a trip planned for our school kids to a school that is 2 miles from the site where the bomb blew up in Alexandria ,Eqypt do you?)

I will occasionally include photos from my archives and maybe one day I'll get these published too!

These are some of my favorites (yes I've got more than one!)
To answer your question: These were taken in 1) Petra Jordan 2) Buttzville North Dakota (yes it's a real town!) 3) somewhere in Maine 4) Chicago Art Museum and 5) Seward Alaska while on a whale watching adventure with my sister!
ENJOY...


No comments: