Monday, January 24, 2011

Things that Make Me Smile--a continuing series


These two shots are from a souvenior stand in Spain. I love the top one close up--it's a thong with "I (heart) Sevilla" written on it. I'm sorry but when I hear the word "Thong", I still think it's the shoes we all wore that were made of cheap plastic and hurt between your big toe and the next one if you wore them too long!

While David and Anna were skiing in Spain on Boxing Day (December 26th), I wandered around the Chalet and took pictures. I watched this young girl "play" with snow for about a half an hour. I can only guess that she either didn't see much snow in her life or that she was just a terribly creative child who could entertain herself. It was delightful to watch and remember my childhood fun with snow forts, ice skating and tunnels.


In my Fine Arts class, I teach a unit on Leonardo Da Vinci which of course includes the Mona Lisa. In preparing for the class, I once read that the Mona Lisa is the most "utlilzed" photo in the world. I've now seen her on a porta potty in Italy, on the side of a bus in London and now holding up scarves in Spain. Funny thing...did you know that the actual painting, which is in the Louvre in France, is really very small? Only 30 inches x 20 inches. For a small lady, she sure gets around! --sorta like me ;-)!!!



No comments: