Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Test of Faith

Yesterday I put David and Anna (and 22 others from our school) on an airplane bound for Amman Jordan to attend a Fine Arts Festival. With the current uprisings in the Middle East, it is definately a time to pray and hope that all will be well. I'm not that nervous as I trust the people in Jordan (the school) to have everyone's safety in mind. They wouldn't have let the people come if there was a problem...they were aware of.
This is indeed an interesting time to be in the Middle East with all of the dissention in neighboring countries. As I said earlier, I am not scared here in Kuwait, it just brings a (what should I say?) Heightened Sense of Awareness.
As they were getting ready to depart, I told the students not to sneak out of the places they are staying and go downtown to see the demonstrations because it "would be cool to see one". Then I looked directly at my daughter. She said "Why are you looking at me Mom"? and I told her that she, like me, is definately one who would try doing that!! She smiled...she knows herself (and me) too well.
For now, I'm praying for continued peace and crossing my fingers for safe times.
OH---
a final thought not related
The other day one of my students asked me:
"Miss, how come in English, you cross your fingers for luck but when you are telling a lie, you cross your fingers behind your back?"
Good point...

No comments: