Friday, February 11, 2011

I'm 18 NOW!

So who remembers what it was like to be 18? Thinking that you'd finally achieved adulthood? Thinking that you could do ANYTHING you pleased because, well, BECAUSE? Thinking that life was all about you, you, you? I know I did...and the lil apple I raised didn't fall very fall from the tree. She's an adult now (as I've been reminded at least three times this week). We raised this monster (which I say in all kindness and love); we raised this girl to be independent, fiesty, challenging, interesting. We've definately got what we deserved. I DO remember what it's like to be 18 and for that, I applaud my daughter's spirit.
Now, where's an asprin so I can deal with the headaches that come with that?
In case you're wondering what sort of awful mother would say these things about their child, this is mostly said in jest. I'm not really mad at my wonder child. Just ah shaking my head in awe. I really wouldn't have her any other way. I'm also slowly recognizing that it's pretty much out of my control. The Amazing A in Amsterdam (above) and Amman.


No comments: