Wednesday, February 16, 2011

"Family Matters"









All of these beautiful people I consider family. However, some of them aren't related to me by blood, others are related by blood but I've never met them. Living away from blood family (except my spouse and daughter) makes me lonesome for my real family. Which is sort of odd because they actually live in Angola, Alaska, North Dakota, Minnesota, England, Colorado, Wyoming,New Hampshire so it's not like I see them daily.
Recently I was blessed with the birth of my 7th great nephew. This brings my GREAT AUNTI status to: 3 Nephews , 6 Nieces , 9 Great Nieces , 7 Great Nephews , 9 Great-Great Nieces and 5 Great-Great Nephews.
As mentioned, there are a couple in this batch that I've never seen but I hope to remedy that this summer.
I am also aquiring quite a lil group of honor neices and nephews here in the desert. They keep me smiling and fill the aunti urge for the moment. Some are pictured here too. The other day one of the moms said "if there's a baby present, Nadine is there". Guilty as charged.
My blood family has started a chain letter email attempting to keep in touch even if a short sentence or two about life. We don't have family reunions very often. Much like other families, we dont' gather unless someone dies ...sad isn't it? But the love is still there.
SO to all family --blood and sand, I love you and am proud of you! Cheers from your favorite aunti :-)

No comments: