Sunday, May 9, 2010

It's All A Blur


Thirty days from now we will be boarding a plane for our return trip to MN. Doesn't seem possible that another year in the desert has almost passed.
I don't dare start the reflecting comments because 1) I might cry (we're losing some great friends this year) and 2) if I start thinking about the past, I won't concentrate on the present (I've got lots of work left) and the future planning I have to do.
As I am writing this, I am hearing Louie Armstrong's version of "Wonderful World" playing in our auditorium (we've got paper thin walls which is why I can hear it).
Even though I may complain about being away from MN, and yearn for the lakes and green and family and friends (okay, and beer) I never want to lose sight of the fact that this experience has been a WONDERFUL ONE for Anna, David and I. Our perspectives, our knowledge base, our reflections will forever to changed due to our connections with people, places and events in the Middle East.
As I have said before, I will forever be grateful for the rights and priveledges of being a North American.
I also try not to Count Down to things because I don't want to make today seem like it's irrelevant. Part of my "Trying to live in the Moment" life plan.
Oh I'm already sounding philosophical...and I don't even have a beer in my hand!!!
Stock your fridges folks, I'll be back soon.
Love from the Desert

No comments: