Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Bragging Rights

Picture taken of Anna while she works on our friends sheepfarm in PR in 2006. (the camera was off) It was her first display of the feisty independence that she is capable of.
I hate it when parents brag about their children. Really I do. Yet, I can't resist.
Anna Leigh has recently earned a couple honors that I want to share with you:
**She got 2200 score on her SAT. 2400 is perfect. She's applying to Stanford, Harvard, U of Chicago and a couple more places. David is trying not to have a coronary over the prices.
**Each year, AIS teachers nominate students to receive Award Letters (and medals in the fall) for outstanding students in each Subject area. Anna received two for Spanish and Math.
**Just so you don't think she's an Angel: she's still a teenager which means that she's arrogant, selfish, lacking in abilities to keep her room cleaned and she tests our patience with her growing need for independence.
But we're proud of her.

And Ben, who is currently learning about the reality of life through jobhunting 101.

Kids are such a blessing, yet I am struggling with learning to let go. So here's a public apology to all my friends who are Mothers who I gave the "now you raised them to be independent be proud that they want to leave home" speech when their children were the age of Ben and Anna. Humble pie never tasted so good.

No comments: