Sunday, May 24, 2009

Time Flies (and other random thoughts)



This is Anna's final independent art project. She says it's a piece about how time goes too fast, puts pressure on us, makes us old, can be fierce, etc. Like many art pieces, I sometimes don't get the meaning. All I know is that she put a lot of time into this piece and her teacher was very impressed with her final presentation. Enough said.

We're in a sort of limbo right now. We leave Q8 on June 12 so it's just 19 days away. So much to do, so little energy (whine whine it's been about 115 degrees)/ Students tell me they are tired, I yell at them. Then they leave and I say to myself, "Man I'm tired, I need coffee". Except it's too hot for coffee. And I refuse to drink RedBull. (energy drink). So it goes.

Before we left for our grand adventure, I saw (and purchased) a sign that says
There will never be another Time like this one. It's been my motto to remind myself that I've got to make the most of this experience because we will never have another chance like this.

Now that's way too deep for a Sunday morning ramble (and me without a beer to further my intelligence!) so I will leave you with this thought...
When are you going to have another chance to do what you want to do?

Happy Memorial Day to those loved ones in the States. As always, my heart is with those in the Armed Services right now. Carry on, do good work.

No comments: