Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Well... I'll be a Monkey's Uncle


One time we were riding down the Gulf Road (main drag in Kuwait) and I looked over to the car on our right and there was a lil critter like this on the DASHBOARD of the car. I did a double take because it's not a usual site. At least in my world. Well, at least prior to moving to Kuwait.

So when a second time sighting occured, I was really glad to have my camera with me. This lil' critter was being carried around McDonald's at 630 am on Easter Morning. The owner (!?) told me the monkey was 6 months old.

It's not uncommon for Kuwaitis to aquire strange pets like monkeys, goats, etc. I've even heard of someone having a wild Cat (cougar?) as a pet. I'm not a fan of this because I do believe wild animals shouldn't be housepets. As much as I love and miss my Angel and Zowie girls, (dogs) I am really glad we didn't bring them over here.

He asked if I wanted to hold her, but I gracefully declined.

No comments: