Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Vacationing at Home

Today we began a 6 day Spring Break--that happens to also coincide with Easter. Many of our colleagues and friends are off to places like Jordan, Oman, Turkey, the Nile. We have decided to stay home and vacation here in Kuwait.

Our plans include:
**visiting the National Museum ...Completed this evening. Great place but I'll have to go back and bring my camera...even though the sign says I'm not supposed to take pictures. I've got a responsibility to report to all of you, right?!

**taking a ferry out to Falika Island, a small island about 20 km from Kuwait. It was inhabited until the Gulf War. It has great archelogical significance (at least that's what all the brochures say). Look for a report soon.

**Staying overnight in the poshest hotel we could find/afford. We're spending a night at the Palms complete with spa, breakfast, pool and beach. AND we can wear swimming suits and not have to cover up!! More from this later.

**Playing for two Easter services with the loveable all Indian Christian choir.

**Watching several movies on the BFFs big screen TV.

**Finishing painting our apartment. We're hosting a small but lovely Easter dinner for about 12 people on Sunday so we'd better get those nasty spots covered up!

**Going to check out the swankiest restaurant we can find. (are you sensing a theme here?!)

**Finding out if I can get inside this funky building that has intrigued me since I arrived here. A while ago I posted a picture of it--it was the building that has palm trees growing out of the top. At least that's what I think it is. Maybe they're fake.

Never fear, "Scoop" Brown is hot on the trail to search vacation spots within Kuwait. I'll report back--if I don't get arrested for wearing my swimsuit!!

Happy Easter Week greetings to all!

No comments: