Friday, April 24, 2009

Temperature/Reality Check

As we were walking into church this afternoon, I was complaining about the intense heat. It was H-O-T. When we got out of the car, I thought it was heat from the car exhaust but not,it was real temperature.

Anyway, as I was ranting away, he says to me:
"Touch your lips with your tongue"
Excuse me? I replied because this sounded like some kinky test of coordination

"Touch your lips with your tongue. Does your tongue feel cold against your lips?"

I tried it, and yes it did feel cold.

"well then," he says smugly, "that means that the air temperature is higher than your body core temp."

I didn't know that Farmers Almanac-like wisdom would find me here in the Middle East. But it made sense to me.
However, it was still damn hot.

No comments: