Tuesday, April 28, 2009

At First they were Strange, Now They are Normal


There are pictures of the Amir and other members of the Al-Sabah family everywhere! This is our current Amir SABAH al-Ahmad al-Jabir al-Sabah.
Lovely boats docked at a marina. This is the place where I eat breakfast with my Smart Friends every Friday.

The Kuwait Flag is red, white, green and black. According to Google: The colours' meaning came from a poem by Safie Al-Deen Al-Hali:
White are our deeds,Black are our battles, Green are our lands, Red are our swords
Rules of hanging and flying the flag:
Horizontally: The green stripe should be on top.
Vertically: The green stripe should be on the right side of the flag.



This is a mosque near our school. Every day at 11:50 (approximately) we hear the call to prayer. If I am at school late, I also hear the calls at 530 and 630 pm. Thankfully, I have not heard the calls at 430 and 530 am (at least from school).

No comments: