Friday, March 27, 2009

Unbelievable

**that there is flooding in Fargo. Family members are safe, for now. Other family members have been working hard to help out. Who would have dreamed there was that much water in the land o' 10,000--and neighboring states. Thinking of you all.

**that my lil' "hometown"boys BB team is in the MN State Bb finals!! Lots of cheers and excitement for a community that has been through their share of downers this year. GO VIKES.

**that I could "watch" the game via facebook and blog connections. Almost like being there. Wasn't quite the same without the fabulous PRHS Pep band. Cowbell rules.

**that despite all of the above, I can't really be a part of any of it. Tonight my husband and I enjoyed a long walk along the Arabian Gulf (remember, don't call it the Persian Gulf...sorry Allah). We walked through an amusement park, watched people dock their BIG boats after a day of boating, we took pictures (under cover) and enjoyed our favorite snack (meat, bread, cheese, and a little bit of chocolate).

Life goes on--"they" told me this would happen. I didn't believe them. Now I do.

No comments: