Sunday, March 15, 2009

Feelin' Old...


Today I am exhausted. I feel my age, which I don't often feel. Maybe it's pre-anxiety about turning 50 tomorrow. Maybe the heat and dust have finally caught up with me. Probably it's because I've been running at full speed for about a month.

Instead of resting, Saturday all day I helped out at the school for Academic Games festival. It's like Knowledge Bowl and a Trivia Pursuit game all in one. It was fun and I learned a lot of useless trivia. Although if you've watched the movie Slubdog Millionaire (Do see it if you haven't) you learned that you never know when you will benefit from knowledge and life experiences. (oh I feel a really deep writing coming in my head but I am too tired to put it together...later)

Today I am giving my students a test on Charlie Brown (I made them attend..how's that for making sure we had an audience?!)The "cultural learning curve" is so far behind here because of lack of cultural opportunities (unless you count spraying foam on each other during the Liberation Day festivities). They all seem to have enjoyed it. Or else they are trying for a good grade (they ARE good at sucking up in this country!)

It's not fair to the students to be tired so I am practicing an old life mantra..."Fake it til you make it". So far, so good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Happpy Birthday Barbie Girl of 1959 - Celebrated yours along with Doris's from the Rapids - Cheers and waiting to celebrate on the Lake of Lida!! or the Lake of Rainy!!