Friday, March 13, 2009

My BFFFHS will Soon Be My Neice!!


This is a picture of my Best Friend from High School (BFFFHS) and my oldest nephew 'CottieD'. (who recently turned 50 just three weeks before me!) They have known each other since 6th grade. As we all graduated together (HHS Class of '77-yeah!) they have kept tabs on each other through me. Recently, events in their lives allowed them to finally act on that 30 some year "Crush" they've had on each other. They will be getting married in May. Unfortunately I will miss the wedding (I've forgiven them for carrying on without me)BUT WE WILL PARTY THIS SUMMER!

Both of them are very special people who have endured many heartaches and deserve to be happy. Having them join "forces" is sorta scary because they each know me in a different way. One of them is a redneck and the other is allergic to anything but the finest jewelry. (the family knows who is who, right?!...smile) But I love them both and truly wish them ALL HAPPINESS.

As I told them, if my mother were alive, She would be happy and would love to dance at their wedding!! She'd say it was like a "Daughter marrying her Grandson" which leads to all kinds of weird thoughts and comments...

The morale of this story is that one should NEVER DOUBT the power of love.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I figure the first comment should be from another BFFHS (what was the third "F" for Wag?)Another proud HHS grad, but Faith. Anod not I won't use my slang name from HS. I too agree that it is a wonderful thing that these two are finally getting together. I was able to spend some time with them both last wkend. And I know that one of them-gee could it be Peggy, is very happy and eager to be married to Scott. It is so nice to that two people can come and together and work to blend their "mid lives" together. It just goes to show you that ANY thing can happen if you are just open to the possibilities. And I will be thrilled be at their weddding. And yes, Wag, I will share all the details.... I just have one question, how come I didn't know that these two had a "crush" on each other sice six grade? I was left out of the loop back then? I can't believe it. Wedded Bliss to all....Faith