Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Miles and Miles of Sand



I took this picture coming home from our camel trip. What was going through my head was that this could be Minnesota (in the winter) except replace the sand with snow.

One of my favorite scenes in the movie "Fargo" is when they try to bury the suitcase in the snow and they look up and down the fence line and all they see is snow on either side for what appears to be miles and miles.

Since I'm almost 50, I can make a confession... (if any of the "Gang" is reading this, I take full responsibility because I'm sure it was my idea). In high school, we would hide our beer in snowbanks during the winter (if we didn't finish the night's allotment). Then we would foolishly think we could remember which snowbank along with fence we hid the beer. In the spring, when the snow melted, it used to be fun to try and drive around looking for the beer. We were too stupid and young to think that the beer would have become what I now know as "Skunk beer". The things you do in small towns.

No comments: