Monday, March 30, 2009

Rain-differing perspectives

There's so much water in my homeland, I've been reading about flooding in the F/M area and thinking of everyone so much.
On an ironic note--today it rained and hailed. Classes STOPPED COLD and all students rushed outside. This is probably only the second time I've seen rain in 8 months and certainly the first time it's thundered and lightened with hail. The students were all a twitter, they couldn't concentrate. I have some pictures of people watching the rain, but it would probably mean more to me than you.
I heard from other teachers that all around the school, kids ran out of their classrooms. Some students were even dancing *harum* because of the rain.

I guess it's all how you look at things.


A shot of me by the Gulf--14 pounds lighter (thanks to my personal trainer)
Palm trees-real and artificial-ya gotta love 'em (because it's basically the only kind of tree onc can see)

No comments: