Thursday, March 19, 2009

Favorite Things Part 7--the PARTY!

Oh my. Never in my wildest dreams did I imagine that I would have this much fun celebrating my 50th birthday. We threw me a 50th bash in our little theatre at the school, Which of course meant no booze (duh we're in a dry country anyway so there wasn't any booze to be had!) But we had great Kuwaiti food, cakes (made by newbie friend TF), Karoke (organized by the BFFs), a Sound of Music and Rocky Horror picture show singalong, Polka party dancing, AND a Belly Dancer even performed (another newbie friend AB who is FAB!) All is all, it was a Great ending to a very fun week. I took a page from my longtime friend JJS who always manages to get a least a week of celebrating out of his birthday.

YEA! Life is good, I am happy, I am secure, I am 50. Who could ask for anything more?

Pictures to follow soon.

No comments: