Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Safe in Trier

I made it to Trier, Germany and am staying with ATDutcher, a fabulous young woman from PR. We're about to set off and find adventure in Triereland. David and Anna are in Paris (I hope) with my cousin finding their own brand of adventure.

ATD will hopefully help me download pictures so you can see some of our adventure.

Tomorrow we'll all be safe in the arms of our German "mother" Marion. Hurray!

Final note on Italy--
It was my return after 18 years. In a previous life, I was there as a corporate travel agent planning trips for Fortune 500 companies. People were really nice to me. On this trip, they weren't as nice. It could be that it's a whole different feeling, post 9-11 and all, it could be that because I represented "money" the last time, they were fakeynice. It could also be that I've gotten older and am not as nice myself (heaven forbid!) But I have been slightly disappointed.

NOW how can anyone go to Italy and be disappointed?! This is what I have to keep in mind. I have to let go of my expectations and past memories and just go with the flow. Being here in Trier with a college student is helping me adopt that frame of mind.

AND
the fact that I can enjoy German bier any time I want to helps everything. (Smile as you remember that I live in a dry country most of the year..no, I won't overdo it)

So
if you're in MN and just digging out from the blizzard I wish you well and remember not to shovel too hard and hurt your back!

love from Germany (and Paris where David and Anna are probably looking at the Mona Lisa as I write this!)

No comments: