Saturday, December 27, 2008

"Home" is where my toothbrush is

We made back safely back to Kuwait. The Traveling Gods were with us and we were able to make it safely into Rome, spend the night, and leave from Rome back to Kuwait today. The plane wasn't very full so we had lots of space to lie down and rest. Hurray.

Being back where we are currently calling home brings peace and comfort to our weary traveling souls. David will decide when the best time to return to the US to be with his dad for a while. It will probably be at the end of January.

Seeing Ben again was a welcome balm to our souls also. He is growing up into a fine young man and although I am not "happy" with his decision to volunteer to go to Iraq, I have accepted it and will support him. Someone once told me that the real test of parenting begins after the children leave home. I think I understand now.

Anna was an incredible trooper through the whole experience. Being away from her main support system (her friends) was a challenge but she hung in there and managed more than a few smiles and genuine laughs. Quite a feat from a teenager!

We wouldn't be in such good shape if it weren't for the Love and Care of our Germans, Dennis and Marion and the Schiefer families. What a blessing that relationship continues to be for us. Who knew what hosting a foreign exchange student would bring to our lives. DANKE DANKE DANKE Momma Marion and Dennis.

So now we have a few days of rest before school starts again. I PROMISE I will hook up our camera and get some pictures of the trip... after all I only took 1248 of them so there should be one or two I can share.

Stay safe, stay warm and stay connected.

Shukran (thanks!) from kuwait

No comments: